Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

"Relazzio Ad Absurdum"

The New Pages Paradigm 



“Maya !! This is so terrifyingly simple !! And I know exactly how difficult it is to be simple. But you make it all just smooth” said good friend Anasua Basu.

That has been my challenge oddly enough and I feel I never seem to reach there. I'm surprised that Anu feels this way. Maybe I am hard on myself? Or maybe she sees the result after the struggle of battle has been cleansed out with Shanti Jal – a thought for Rosh Hashanah, a time of cleansing. Yes I have that little piece of Jewish soul that tucked itself into the recesses of my being in some lifetime. 

Think Before You Ink – but don’t overthink. And I am trying to do just that. Trying hard to relax. Heck no, you don’t try hard to do that. Just be Just be Just Be! Haven’t I said it before? Pages are unintended this morning but jottings are irresistible – good habits set just as bad ones do. I am so tired today and I have so much to do including conscious relaxing, obligatory worrying and eating and sleeping to catch up with. I seem to want to melt into horizontal bliss but can’t find a comfortable zone to do it, which means I need to meditate and find that zone in my mind. 

Wait! There is a difference between “trying hard to relax” and conscious relaxing. Maybe the latter is about being aware that you are entering the relaxation zone and enjoying and savoring every part of it? I am fond of this typo – “relaz” for relax. I find it closer to the actual feeling of letting go. Not to speak of the suffix “laz” which reminds me of the very deliberate and most therapeutic pursuit they call lazing. Again the word “relax” contains “re” just as “karuna” contains “ru” (tears). And guess what it means in this case? “Late Middle English: from Latin relaxare, from re- (expressing intensive force) + laxus‘lax, loose.“  So it means to loosen intensive force  :) Do I see something conscious there?

My dear friend and official "inspirer," Sridevi has read everything I’ve been pouring out as Pages and she LOVES everything; in the fitness of things as it was Sri who got me started on this Pages business. Through all the struggles and letting go, I keep reminding myself of the sunset and my attempts to grab it all up in my arms till the best of it fell out. Well that is reflexive. How about relax being reflexive or shall we say reflezive? Oops, actually reflective. Sit by a still pool and just keep looking at your own reflection in it – and just relax. No it is not about narcissism but maybe more about self acceptance? That’s what makes you relax. Acceptance never comes without a struggle, the calm after the storm. The sunset reminds me to sit calmly and relax/relaz/reflect and choose the streams to reflect on, from the many that quietly flow into the pool and occasionally create a ripple to make you notice  their arrival.

I am with my book – The Book, and I am with Pages which will slowly transmute into the book or flow their energies into its pool.  I have all those posts that are driving me from within. They are crying for birthing. Easy there, babies! One at a time. We will keep you safe in neonatal and show you off to the world in good time. 

Signed off 1:21 pm because the rice needs to be cooked to calm the growling stomach 

Footnote: Who thought these Pages would become so addictive? May book writing command a similar if not stronger addiction!

This one could have been written any time, any place - you figure that out, dear reader

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating, the etymology! Waiting for your next Pages page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dipali. When I dig out some of these posts I feel like I wrote them today!
      I am looking forward to the new posts in the pipeline. Dealing with pesky LAN and doctors and taking over the ladle and apron from Swiggy Baba have obstructed the path. I'll do it soon.

      Delete

Your turn to write ... don't leave it unwritten